Contributors Program Mtg NOW! (Fri 2PM Boston time, #olpc-meeting)
holt at laptop.org
Fri Jul 24 14:01:42 EDT 2009
Please join us (right now!) reviewing the latest OLPC/Sugar community
projects over IRC Live Chat, 2PM EDT Boston Time Friday, right here
right now :)
Then type at bottom:
* New projects & libraries -- teaching them Community Outreach:
* Which projects might you enjoy Mentoring?!
* Fast Review of the 2 latest (greatest!) HW/Project Proposals -- please
join us advocating for and/or reviewing shortcomings of these proposals:
1. OLPC-ADNEN Cameroun - Cameroon
Capacity reinforcement, Monitoring and evaluation of primary schools
equipped with XO by PAQUEP Project in environmental and computer
literacy in the context of pedagogical integration of ICT
Requests 10 XO's for 12 months
General Objective: Contribute to the promotion, the pedagogic
integration of XO and the participation of pupils and teachers in the
protection of the environment in 12 primary schools of the the PAQUEB
project an 6 other motivated schools of Adamaoua region.
1. Acquire one mobile library suitcase equip with 10 XO and 10
guides which can be use simultaneously in several schools to spreading
IT education by the project team.
2. Contribute to the spreading of XO and Sugar environment in 12
primary schools an initiate about 6351 pupils from class 1 to 6 of the
PAQUEB Project and in 6 other motivated schools of the region.
3. Not less than 6351 pupils and not less than 130 Teachers will be
IT literate and will participate to the protection of the environment
specifically the climate change in their council.
4. Not less than 6351 productions (photos numeric, mini project,
posters, point of view, small articles on the environmental protection
and participation of pupil in projects…) are shared with students and
pupils of others schools of our country and other countries via Internet
and other means of spreading knowledge.
5. Reinforce the pedagogic skills of teachers and the head masters
of the 12 schools of the PAQUEB project and the 6 other motivated
schools of the region.
2. REVISED - Wind Shear Detection for Small Airports - Northridge,
Requests 4+ XO's for 12 months
REVISED - Project Objectives:
Both grad students and local public schools should contribute to the
development and testing of an array of inexpensive sensors that, when
placed around an airport, will automatically organize themselves into a
mesh network that can detect and report wind shear:
July 2009: determine hardware platform and peripherals, obtain same
August – December 2009: work on network data exchange protocols,
wind shear detection algorithms
January – May 2010: system integration, testing, demonstrations
June 2010: write, publish, wrap up.
More information about the Devel