[Techteam] XO-1.5 Kernel Update (i.e My Weekly Status)

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 21 00:07:59 EDT 2009

Paul Fox wrote:
> perhaps this should be obvious, but can it handle S-states as
> well?  because i believe that's the goal -- freeze the display
> and then go into S3.

I just stumbled across the Design Scenarios for Linux's Power Management
Quality of Service system, courtesy of Intel. [1]  Notable inclusion:

"""
# Platform Suspend
    * you can put the system into S3 or S4, as a function of acceptable
wake up latency
    * you can specify the delay in dropping into a suspend state as an
idle time out
"""

I don't know exactly what this means, if anything, but it sounds good.

[1] http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/power-qos/design-scenarios.php