Availability of XO-1.5 ATest-2 machines

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Jul 20 00:06:56 EDT 2009

Carlos Nazareno wrote:

>> If the laptop can only handle 3 hours without suspend that's fine,
>> it's a baseline. If it could do 5 hours than it would be great.
>
> A good test would be just to use the units in ebook reader mode and
> try testing how long the batteries would last reading PDFs.
>
> No need for suspend/resume testing in this case.

I'm going to side with Chris and support releasing numbers when we have
accurate info rather than speculative information like was released for
XO-1.  I _still_ (last week actually) deal with deployments that think
the XO uses 2 watts because of an estimated number that was used in
speech on the XO-1 prior to when we had solid info.  They are quite
surprised when they find the XO-1 has a peak draw of 17W.

The A2 boards only booted an image with working wlan at the end of the
week. We need a bit more time to make sure everything is in place for
such a measurement to be accurate.

We will get some numbers soon.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>