NetworkManager and OLPC mesh update

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jul 16 12:19:44 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 14:24 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> I've recently been working on reimplementing mesh support in
> NetworkManager and sugar.
>
> I've written all the code and submitted all the NetworkManager patches
> for their development branch, but unfortunately it looks like I won't
> have time to follow up on the upstream review, backport and submit to
> NetworkManager-0.7, or submit and tune my sugar patches.
>
> I have written up the current situation here if anyone (pretty please)
> would like to finish the job.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Network_manager_0.7

Good news: since yesterday, all 5 of my "support" patches were merged
into NetworkManager-0.8. The only pending patch is the big one that adds
the actual mesh device support. There is one outstanding issue related
to the way it talks to NetworkManager internals. Dan Williams says he is
going to take care of this.

I've updated the wiki page.

Daniel