New kernel branch for XO-1 and XO-1.5 development

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Jul 10 21:06:38 EDT 2009

>> the problem is that I'd want to test the build before pushing,
>> and I'd want to be able to distribute what I test.
>
> Also I wouldn't worry about testing before publishing. We don't do it
> for XO-1.5 builds, never did it for joyride, etc. That's what users are
> for!

I'm someone who doesn't mind booting new builds to see what they
would/would_not do.  But please - I'd like *something* I can boot.

As far as I can tell, the most recent build meant for an XO-1 was
'devxo-1' on 6/16/09.  [Strawberry (6/22/09) was available as a
"general applicability" .iso -- but on my XO-1 it had less
capability than 'devxo-1' !]  And I don't have any XO-1.5
motherboard to "test" XO-1.5 builds on.

"That's what users are for!" -- not all those "users" have the
resources to compile (then test) new builds/kernels themselves.

mikus