Turning off the mesh to save battery power

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:24:33 EST 2009

I tried to disable mesh networking, like said there, it still has msh0
created and signal values registered with iwconfig. I stopped NetworkManager
just. Is it really off, or do I need to destroy msh0, if possible?

Also, on the subject of battery life, I noticed that even when off, the
speakers seem to be amplifying "nothing", because there's still a slight
humming sound coming off of them. This should be consuming something, right?

Best regards,

                                   Tiago Marques