ibus, a new input framework

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 04:49:22 EST 2009

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just came across ibus, an input framework which seems to be designed
> to be a better replacement for scim. A presentation is available
> online at http://ibus-user.googlegroups.com/web/ibus.pdf
> Has anyone used this ? Any comments on how well this works and how
> stable this is ?

Reviving an old old thread. Apparently, Fedora is switching to ibus as
the default input method for F11
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IBus --

Whether we like it or not, SCIM is not maintained upstream anymore, so
everyone is looking at ibus as the main candidate to replace it.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions