Browser Problem

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Jan 20 11:48:29 EST 2009

On 20 Jan 2009, at 16:20, Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:

> Hello guys!
>
> I'm testing the worpress 2.7 in my XO and i'm having some problems
> with
> pictures(buttons and menus).
>
> Please, see this picture http://imagebin.org/36284

Yes I've seen this on a range of web page buttons (but never else
where), including the 'get developer key' form button:

	http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8760

The issue turned up on an earlier ticket an tracked down to X config
(obscure memory/cache ~thing):

	http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7830

The corrupt graphics will go away if you do the 'add Option
"MigrationHeuristic" "greedy" to xorg.conf "Device" section' trick
mentioned on the 7830 ticket. Worked for me well on an XO with no
obvious side effects, I think folks were not quite sure if this might
have some nastier (than a few mangled graphics) unintended side effect
as we don't have an X guru to bounce on.

Hope that helps,
--Gary