Journal integration for Scratch

Philipp Kocher philipp.kocher at
Tue Jan 13 00:55:42 EST 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>>> Shipping a mimetypes.xml file inside the bundle as explained here:
>>> Sugar will call update-mime-database and will merge that file into the
>>> xdg mime database.
>>> I think that John is already trying this.
>> Guess I'm confused then - I thought that's exactly what Philipp had done.
> I think he just changed the mime_types field in the .info file.
>> And I just checked and it does work with Etoys projects. When downloading
>> one it indeed gets an etoys icon (although at a smaller size - why is that?)
> No idea, though I think that the mime database is updated in the etoys
> rpm and not in the bundle, am I right?
> Regards,
> Tomeu

Thanks Tomeu to lead me to the /home/olpc/.local directory. However, the
mimetypes.xml is not necessary to get the icon in the journal. I just
had to copy the scratch icon file in the activity directory to
"application-x-scratch-project.svg" (also in the scratch activity
dirctory). The Memorize Activity is a good example for using that feature.
Sugar has to be restarted after installing Scratch to show the icon.

John, could you please make the following changes in the next Scratch
- add the line "mime_types = application/x-scratch-project" to the file
- copy the scratch icon to "application-x-scratch-project.svg" in the
activity directory

Etoys gets configured by different packages. e.g. the rpm
etoys-3.0.2153-1.noarch is adding the file
/usr/share/mime/packges/etoys.xml and the rpm
sugar-artwork-0.82.3-1.olpc3 is
adding the file