Journal integration for Scratch

Philipp Kocher philipp.kocher at gmx.net
Mon Jan 12 03:42:43 EST 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 04:50, Philipp Kocher <philipp.kocher at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>>
>>> It just has to be listed in the activity bundle's info file:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles#.info_File_Format
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>>>

>> I added the mime_types attribute to the activities.info file and the
>> icon attribute is set as well. But still the Scratch icon is not shown
>> in the Journal (the default octet-stream icon is shown) even so the
>> Scratch mime-type is set in the metadata file in the datastore.
>>
>> I think the problem is connected to the gtk theme (gtk-update-icon-cache
>> and update-mime-database). e.g. etoys has file etoys.xml in
>> /usr/share/mime/packages and probably the icon in the icon cache.
>>
>> How can I put the icon in the icon-cache?
>
> Hi, Sugar will put it there for you when the .xo bundle is installed.
> That means that if the activity bundle gets installed from outside
> Sugar, the mime db won't be updated.
>
> So, I would recommend you to uninstall Scratch from Sugar, then
> installing the .xo bundle by downloading it with Browse or by copying
> it into the journal from an usb stick.
>
> HTH,
>
> Tomeu

Thanks for the input, but I wasn't successful.

I tried the following:
1. Extracted the files of "Scratch-12.xo"
2. Added the line "mime_types = application/x-scratch-project" to the
activity.info file
2. Created a new archive file "Scratch-12_mime.xo" with the change
3. Erased activity Scratch on the XO
4. Copied the file "Scratch-12_mime.xo" to the Journal
5. Started/Installed "Scratch-12_mime.xo"
6. Copied Scratch project to the Journal with "copy-to-journal test.sb
-m 'application/x-scratch-project' -t test.sb"

test.sb still has the standard icon and not the Scratch cat icon in the
Journal.

Which activity is using the mime db update feature? I would expect a new
timestamp for the file /usr/share/mime/mime.cache after installing the
activity.
Can I execute the mime db update on the command line?

Regards,
Philipp