March date realistic ?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Jan 7 12:16:22 EST 2009

Please use reply-to-all

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> Please ensure there are tickets filed for all of these.
>> All except the first 2 are news to me
>
> Yes, all but one have tickets.  The one that doesn't is "GUI for accessing
> removable storage content" -- I included it because of publicized complaints
> from teachers in Mongolia and Tuvalu about "saving their files to USB".  A
> ticket of mine relating to this topic was closed a while ago with the
> notation "A new design is being worked on" -- but I'm not sure where this
> "new design" is documented -- so how might one file a new ticket against a
> non-described capability ?
>
> --------
>
> Besides, what good does a ticket do ?

As I've said before, this is the way that developers prefer to work. I
speak as someone who has worked on a lot of issues similar to the ones
you have described, and someone who intends to continue bug fixing as
time allows. We appreciate your contributions, but it really helps if
you can collaborate with the developers on their preferred platform.

But this is a non-issue, because as you say, tickets are already
filed. Thanks! Now to find some time and resources to fix them  :)

Daniel