[IAEP] XOCamp diplomas? + beg for housing

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Tue Jan 6 12:25:00 EST 2009

Hi Jameson,

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:19 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Jameson Quinn <jameson.quinn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. Diplomas
>>
>> I know it sounds ridiculous, but here in Guatemala every conference or

Not /that/ ridiculous.

> Keep reminding us about this.  The idea is so foreign to me that I
> keep forgetting to follow up on it.
>
>> I'd be happy to throw something together. I would need a list of attendees
>> who want them, and 1 or 2 people with official titles to sign the things;
>> and I'd like some resources for printing the things (printer and nice paper,
>> or a few bucks to acquire [the use of] those).
>
> If you could put this together that would be great.  We can then use

Seconded.  Send what you throw together to the lists, and we can give
you feedback.  And we can get it printed up here so you don't have to
travel with them / we can fill out last-minute attendees.  [also, it
doesn't make sense to give them out /before/ people attend... so that
they preserve whatever little value they have]

>> 2. Housing beg
>>
>> I will be in Boston from the night of the 12th (Monday, arriving on a late
>> train) to that of the 17th (leaving by train on the morning of the 18th). I
>> am confident that I can, if necessary, find housing independently of this
>> list; but it would be nicer to be staying with other XO people. If anybody
>> has a couch/room available, please let me know privately. Thanks.

We need an [[XO couchsurfing]] page. I'll get back to you on the
availability of our Cambridge couch.

SJ