XOCamp diplomas? + beg for housing

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 11:09:05 EST 2009

*1. Diplomas*

I know it sounds ridiculous, but here in Guatemala every conference or
training anybody goes to hands out nicely-printed diplomas, many of which
say you are now a Certified Educational Quality Monitor or some such
bullshit. The diplomas are common as dirt; the people who pay any attention
to them, rarer, but the latter do exist and sometimes hold positions of
power. I'd like one for XOCamp, and I suspect some kind of pretentious
record of our attendance would be useful to some other attendees too.

I'd be happy to throw something together. I would need a list of attendees
who want them, and 1 or 2 people with official titles to sign the things;
and I'd like some resources for printing the things (printer and nice paper,
or a few bucks to acquire [the use of] those).

*2. Housing beg

*I will be in Boston from the night of the 12th (Monday, arriving on a late
train) to that of the 17th (leaving by train on the morning of the 18th). I
am confident that I can, if necessary, find housing independently of this
list; but it would be nicer to be staying with other XO people. If anybody
has a couch/room available, please let me know privately. Thanks.

Jameson