Fedora Desktop on XO

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jan 6 03:48:08 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 07:50, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

>    * Does not need to make it easy to share files between Fedora and Sugar.
> - assuming its all running from the same base OS and just switching
> GUIs this should be OK except for stuff stored in the journal
> possibly. If its stored in the journal would it be possible to write a
> gio interface for the journal ?

I'm very interested on this, as it would give us also for free a FUSE
interface. Why I haven't pursued it yet is because the API for
developing new gio backends is still private and our new backend would
then need to live inside the gvfs gnome module or as a patch in every
distro. Aside from having to periodically adapt to any API changes.

See http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gvfs-list/2008-May/msg00004.html

That said, such a backend would be very simple, for the journal in Sugar 0.84.

Regards,

Tomeu