anonymous gray activity circles

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Jan 4 20:15:54 EST 2009

> Here's a short code tour for your enjoyment.

Thank you very much, Michael.  This is very helpful.

Would it be possible for you (or someone else) to similarly
enumerate the conditions under which 'anonymous gray activity
circles' are made to disappear ?

I don't have difficulty with gray circles while activities are
running (I can figure out which circle is which session) -- but it
leaves an untidy impression when the session itself goes away, but
the gray circle does not.  [In fact, I once saw so many leftover
gray circles that the top bar of Frame showed "arrowheads" for the
viewer to scroll back and forth within the "ActivitiesTray".]

Maybe if I can understand *why* gray circles might persist, I might
be able to think of a way to force leftover useless ones to go away.
[I would guess a gray circle left behind by a <defunct> session
could only be gotten rid of by restarting Sugar.]

mikus