anonymous gray activity circles

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Jan 3 14:49:42 EST 2009

Compare:

http://laguna.fmedic.unam.mx/~daniel/pygtutorial/pygtutorial/getting-started.html

which creates a top-level window and

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/PyGTK/Hello_World_Tutorial

as a sugar activity.

The first has the line:

window = GtkWindow(WINDOW_TOPLEVEL) # create a top level window

while the latter has:

		# Create the main container
		self._main_view = gtk.VBox()

Sugar has already created the top-level window with an empty VBox, so
the activity only needs to pack that VBox with widgets.

Essentially to eliminate the grey circle, you need to modify the
initialization code (with the two tutorials as a guide).

Tony