UDP broadcast from an XO

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 00:44:39 EST 2009

Hi,

    I have an activity which broadcasts messages over UDP to all the systems
connected to the network. I ran into a problem while testing it out on the
XO. The messages broadcasted are received by other XO's if both of them are
connected to a common WiFi router. But when they are connected to the router
teh messages are not received by my activity on the other XO.

   Although the other XO is visible to my XO( in the neighbourhood view) the
UDP messages broadcast from my XO are not received by the other XO when they
are nto connected through a common router.

    Will UDP messages be broadcast from one XO node to another. What else
may the cause be for the UDP messages not being picked up by the other XO?

Thanks
jbsp72