XO memory size

Derek Zhou agonyzhou at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 02:42:52 EST 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 02:11:08 am quozl at laptop.org wrote:
> Then I installed the Debian x11-apps package, and did some performance
> timings, using "time x11perf -time 1 -repeat 1 -all", with different
> configurations, to try to reproduce your observation;
By the way, I don't think timing the run time of x11perf is a usable benchmark. From the manpage:

By default x11perf automatically calibrates the number of repetitions of each test, so  that each  should take approximately the same length of time to run across servers of widely differing speeds.

And it looks like x11perf -time 1 -repeat 1 -all just run all the tests (there are lots of tests) for roughly one second each.

Derek