extra OATS keys

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Feb 20 09:23:54 EST 2009

Mitch,

What are your thoughts on our brief discussion on 't' override keys in
manufacturing data. These would be used for overriding or augmenting
the OLPC OATS key, which allows organisations outside of OLPC to set
up antitheft (and OS update advisory) servers.

We would like to set up a server in Paraguay (possibly hosted at the
ISP itself) that runs an antitheft server to advise the laptops when
they should automatically olpc-update from the local school server.
We'd need a new keyjector within the next few days which injects a new
't1' public key which I will provide. What do you think?

Thanks,
Daniel