[Testing] 8.2.1 candidate-800 giving incorrect keyboard language maps?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:04:12 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2009, at 12:10, Daniel Drake wrote:
>
>> 2009/2/17 Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>:
>>> Just wanted to post incase anyone can easily confirm/deny; but after
>>> clean flashing a Spanish language XO to 8.2.1 candidate-800, the
>>> language correctly defaults to Spanish, but the keyboard is
>>> responding
>>> only as a US-English keyboard.
>>>
>>>       http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9262
>>>
>>> Hopefully just an issue with this one Spanish XO I have here (it's a
>>> B4 model).
>>
>> works for me with "real" spanish XOs (SKU5, uruguay).
>
> Phew, thanks Daniel, that would have been nasty – hopefully was just
> something B4'ish then.

Going by your inputs in Trac, I think the keyboard configuration bits
of the startup script are getting confused by the different mfg-data
schema of the B4 machines. It should not ideally happen, but since it
affects B4 machines only, I think we can set it to non blocker.
-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta