Notes from an impromptu 8.2.1 Release Mtg.

Daniel Drake dsd at
Fri Feb 6 12:36:37 EST 2009

2009/2/6 S Page <info at>:
> In Sugar control panel > Language, "Swedish (Sweden)" was highlighted!
> Sure enough, in the bash shell, LANG is set to sv_SE.utf8.  I'm pretty
> sure I never chose that, and other settings like Date & Time were
> unchanged.  Has anyone else noticed Language changing?

If you did olpc-update then you can hold a game key to boot back into
your 8.2.0 build and see if things were the same there. (if so, it
makes sense for that preference to have been copied)

> Why didn't Software update install the newer Browse (v.101 ?) that
> according to
> addresses
>  ticket #9112 Enable Browse to embed PDF files in itself

Because it is a bit of a hack, aimed at deployments only. I don't
think it will be presented as an update until the feature is properly
implemented in sugar. Feel free to brush up the release notes.