[Server-devel] XS 0.5.1 RC - Last round of testing...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Feb 11 20:41:59 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Dave Bauer <dave.bauer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xs/other/OLPC-School-Server-0.5.1-i386.iso
>> I checked and the ISO does not appear to be available yet. Should it be
>> there now?
> the rsync completed not long ago, so it's there now. Get it while it's hot...
> cheers,
>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>  - ask interesting questions

Hi all,

I've been caught up in a new semester, teaching, etc. [paid
employment, so can't complain :-)] so I'm running behind testing 0.5.1
I've been running it for a few nights now, and the main frustration
was with eth0 not showing up. It looks like I am the victim of the
dreaded Realtek 8139 bug. It worked in XS 0.4 but in 0.5.1 it refuses
to show up.

Some references:

I'm looking into it, but as a result of no eth0, nothing else actually works.

This is on a Fujitsu P2120 sub-notebook with a 900MHz Crusoe proc and 384MB RAM.

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA