[Server-devel] Network addressing for activation-over-IBSS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 00:59:02 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Done. The 'olpcxs-testing' repo now has an xs-config (0.6.0.4.g...)
> that includes this commit. Should be good for your APs which need a
> range for "administration" and activation.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Network#Network_devices

Our handing out of dhcp leases from different (potential) servers, and
various interfaces is a bit of a gnarly thing.

For the time being, I've documented the IPv4 addresses and ranges, as
well as these 2 new IPv6 hardcoded link-local addresses. Going
forward, we can get rid of a lot of complexity by forgetting the "many
servers" thing, specially wrt mesh.

By which I mean: If we are using mesh, we are strictly in a
single-server environment. Small school, la la la.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions