staging-27 issues

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Feb 8 08:51:58 EST 2009

On 06.02.2009, at 21:06, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

>> BUG: Software update did not find the 8.2.1 specific Etoys activity
>> release at
>>        http://etoys.laptop.org/xo/8.2.1
>
> What is the proper Etoys activity .xo to use with staging-27 ?
>
> Etoys-99.xo (the latest; goes with etoys 4.0-2205-2 in staging-27) ?

Yes. The Etoys bundle declares

	http://etoys.laptop.org/xo

as its update_url and so the updater under 8.2.1 is supposed to look
under the above URL which we made point to the right version (99). But
apparently in the staging build the updater does not yet look there.

> or
> Etoys+MP3-94.xo (added function for a country deployment) ?

No, the Uruguay MP3 issue is going to be handled outside etoys (see
the ticket). Although it does work fine for someone who needs to play
mp3 from within Etoys.

> or
> Etoys-94.xo (came with 8.2.0) ?

No (although it would work fine, there were only minor changes in the
activity wrapper).

- Bert -