Please update etoys in 8.2.1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 03:45:29 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 6:02 PM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> so after the 8.2.1 release the plan is to just switch to standard Linux
> distros?

What follows is my understanding of what Ed and cjb mean when they
talk about future releases...

Instead of a "9.1" done in the old way, staff and volunteers set their
eyes on Fedora 11, and ...

 - help ensure there is testing and polish of F-11 on the XO hw
 - help ensure there is testing and polish on the packages we care
about (Sugar!)
 - build images (and help others build images) based on a F-11 spin
 - post-release fixes and polish are channeled via the Fedora updates stream

it's very likely that the process will need some tiny bits of rigging
that don't belong to Fedora. Something similar happens with the XS.
Creating the 'olpc' user, setting gdm to boot straight into Sugar,
building the image in jffs2 or ubifs -- such steps of configuration
can be done in the %post script of a livecd or pungi kickstart.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions