Video Playback

Eduardo Silva edsiper at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:33:29 EST 2009

> 1) Any idea on the Mplayer activity development? I cant get it to work as
> an activity, although i can make it happen through the console, which isnt
> the best idea, since it's meant for the kids to watch some videos on it.

Some time ago we did some work on that (we = Reynaldo Verdejo and I )
building an activity, the first version can be watched here:

http://edsiper.linuxchile.cl/blog/?p=16

the trick is to reparent the mplayer window in a gtk drawingarea or similar,
for that you need to call mplayer with:

       mplayer -wid PARENT_WINDOW_XID

I don't have the code here at this moment but is not difficult to do it...

cheers.

--
Eduardo Silva
http://edsiper.linuxchile.cl