Joyide on Fedora 11/rawhide

Jerry Vonau jvonau at
Wed Feb 4 15:34:25 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 15:05 -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>    > I've been playing with booting fedora on the XO, mostly with
>    > anaconda (F9/F10) to be able to run an install on the XO itself for
>    > the XS. I'll try to boot the F11 kernel/installer when one is
>    > available, it looks like there are issues building anaconda atm,
>    > there is no isolinux directory on the mirrors...
>    > Perhaps someone could shed some light on the issues with rawhide
>    > that were uncovered thus far. Is there a tracker somewhere?
> F10 boots, but here's what happens when I try to boot Rawhide:
> Thanks,
> - Chris.

kernel commandline: root=mtd0 rootfstype=jffs2 liveimg console=tty0 console=tty2

If your booting the live image shouldn't the root= line be something like:
root=LABEL=<device label>... You could use the device name also: root=/dev/mtd0

Have a look at the mkliveinitrd part of mkinitrd at:;a=blob;f=mkliveinitrd;hb=24d6d9779ca5bacc0c649e9d783263661ceb81f0
Without the /dev part the init script will not have anything to match the root= against,
in the "case $root in" part of the init file, resulting in the udev rules not getting created
for the /dev/root symlink.

Hoping that is the fix,