Life in an insecure world

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Feb 4 10:06:17 EST 2009

2009/2/4 Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org>:
> Yes, I was particularly thinking of you and your experience in Ethiopia and
> the difficulties you faced to re-secure the laptops. I prefer to think of it
> as: Is there a realistic and common use case for when a *deployment* would
> want or need to run enable-security.

Well, that doesn't apply to wad's concerns. At the same time as using
a developer key to enable security, they flashed a customised build
(where the signed parts had not been modified, so booting would work
anyway). With the manufacturing process changes, such a deployment
need not change their practices.

Daniel