keyboard handling (was Re: OLPC where to go development advice.)

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Mon Feb 2 20:17:33 EST 2009

at the OS level the brightness and volume keys are just the standard
F9-F12 keys

if you look at the 'keyboard shortcuts' page on the wiki they are even
documented that way (or at least I think they were at one point)

it's Sugar that decides to monkey with the brightness and volume when
those keys are pressed.

the other distros setup the mapping using the specific tools for that
desktop. but they all boil down to setting up something to look for those
keys and then running the appropriate script.

David Lang