[IAEP] Need Live CD to take to Argentina

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Dec 29 01:49:23 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 03:47:25PM -0800, Caryl Bigenho wrote:

> H All i...
>

> Did this ever get implemented? If so where do I find it? Are there any special instructions I need to make and use the live CD? Can a usb stick be used for file storage?

If you need livecd only because machines don't support boot from usb,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Blueberry#Boot_Helper
and use usb sitck as if you booted from usb(i.e. your system will be
located on usb)

Otherwise just burn soas's iso to cd and use usb stick as a regular
external storage(but there is an issue w/ storing journal objects on
external sources, see http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1636).

> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.84/Sugar_LiveCD
>

> I would like to be able to take several copies with me to give to a tech person at an elementary school in Buenos Aires when I go there in mid-January.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Caryl

Aleksey