#9927 LOW Future : filesystem has trouble with large yum installs

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Dec 28 23:15:25 EST 2009

Hi,

   > While #9927 is personally interesting to me, can I instead divert
   > your attention to the logs I just posted for #9865 ?

Looks identical to the bug (#9702) with 3.3V not coming up fast enough
to successfully resume the internal SD card.  We should check that
your C1 brings up the 3.3V rail quickly enough.

   > Tmw. I will be in a position to verify this bug on a largish
   > number of C1 machines, and can hand off the poster child
   > (prebuild #2) to someone else.
   >
   > I would blame hardware, but why does it only happen when OHMD is
   > doing the suspending ?

If we convince ourselves that it really does only happen with ohm, and
also only with rtcwake mixed with autowack, and doesn't happen on B2s
in the same configuration, we might find that we have #1835-like
problems when mixing autowack with an ohmd rtcwake immediately after
suspend hits -- we can get a resume happening below the EC's
autowack-delay in that case, which is known to cause problems.

I suppose the answer in that case would be "don't do that".
Richard, what do you think?

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>