[Sugar-devel] Ticket 8104

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 03:46:37 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Cecilia Abalde
<cabalde at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
> I download the patch, then run rpm-ivh <Name patch> but there is a problem
> with the files:
> Any ideas ???

Yes - you are trying to "upgrade" the RPM, instead of "installing a
previously not installed package", so do

  rpm -Uvh FooBar-1.2.3.rpm

(note the "U" instead of the "i" )

Two interesting tidbits  -

 - Daniel Drake (cc'd) suspects the bug has not been fixed upstream
(the latest NM/dbus pairing seems to have similar issues). So a
similar issue may exist in the F11 images. I don't know if he's filed
a corresponding ticket on dev.laptop.org --- we should have it filed,
and the two bugs should mention eachother...

 - The RPM you are grabbing also fixes http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9715

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions