Marvell 88W8388 USB Development Dongles

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 03:40:16 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM, vbx dev <vbxdev at gmail.com> wrote:
> OLPC XO-1 uses the Marvell 88W8388 USB wireless adapter. I want to
> contribute to the development of the libertas/libertas-tf driver for
> this wireless adapter.
>
> Could I buy a few 88W8388 USB development dongles from OLPC to get
> started? Thanks.

Yes! There is definitely interest in getting the tf driver going with
modern kernels (specially the kernel revisions in use in our F11
images!) to use hostap mode.

With hostap mode, an XO-1 can be an excellent mini-XS. (Without it, it
does work, but is limited to supporting XO-1s with 8.2.x series OSs).

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions