XO-3 official

Neil Graham Lerc at screamingduck.com
Thu Dec 24 00:42:01 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 18:33 -0800, John Gilmore wrote:
> > I would take it all with a large dose of salt.
>
> Also, as usual, the left hand at OLPC doesn't know what the right hand
> is doing.
Actually I think the hands are all doing a very good job.  It's the head
that needs attention.

One thing does interest me however. the comment "it plans to open the
architecture of the device to allow any other PC maker to take over the
project."

Is this in the realms of possibility for the XO-1/1.5?  Specifically,
would OLPC allow a 3rd party to manufacture a system with their own
motherboard using the XO-1 case, battery and screen.  Perhaps with a
colour change to make it distinctive as another product.