New F11 for XO-1.5 build 62

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Dec 17 16:16:00 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 06:16:05PM +0000, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 19:54 -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
> > (Not sure why this build lost 3MB compared to the last one without
> > any package changes -- we should diff the tarball to find out.)
>
> Uncompressed, os61.tree.tar has identical size to os62.tree.tar
> So this is just a LZMA compression thing, no actual increase in size.

I also looked into it briefly ... by comparing only the file names, and
found the ordering of the files is changed, I had to sort the tar list.

Changing the order of the bytes certainly changes the resulting
compressed stream, and 3Mb seems not unreasonable over that total
length.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/