New F11 for XO-1.5 build 61

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at
Mon Dec 14 18:28:56 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at> wrote:

> Compressed image size: 705.43mb (+1.50mb since build 60)
> Description of changes in this build:
>  * add Q3A24 to build (#9889)
>  * fix Sugar five-character nickname limit on ad-hoc networks (#9807)
> Package changes since build 60:
> -bootfw-q3a23-1.unsigned.i386
> +bootfw-q3a24-1.unsigned.i386
> +sugar-0.84.9-1.fc11.1.i586
> -sugar-0.84.9-1.fc11.i586

Maybe I missed this in the earlier XO-1.5 builds but upon installing build
61 I was surprised to see "Restart" again in the main hover menu. Wasn't it
decided awhile ago that removing that option from that menu was a good idea?
(IIRC #1206 dealt with that very topic and it was solved in Sugar 0.86 -
seems like a reasonably small change to consider for the final XO-1.5 builds
as well)

Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews
e-mail: christoph at