Testing summary - 12 December 2009 Wellington, NZ

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Dec 11 20:11:19 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 01:40:04PM +1300, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> On all XO 1.5s we updated to OS54 wifi does not work (except on 1 of 5
> machines showed wireless connections for about 20 seconds then gone)
> although we now realise there is OS56 so maybe we need to just update
> again.

You probably hit the known problem described in the release candidate
announcement "If you have a B2 without hardware mods, you must disable
suspend using Control Panel->Power->Automatic power management, else
your wireless device will disconnect on suspend and not come back until
the next reboot."

Can you confirm that you did not disable suspend before testing
wireless?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/