8.2.2 Beta-1 test request

Yuan Chao yuanchao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:16:20 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> The build is '802B1' -- find it at:
>    http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/8.2.2-betas/
I've installed 802B1 on a B4 XO-1.

> =Touchpad=
My XO-1 has 'ALPS' touchpad.

I used to met the trouble of "kangaroo" when my fingers are humid. It
seems that for this kernel does better that I haven't seen this
syndrome.
However, a smaller level of random jump still exist.
The touchpad does move a bit slower, but a noticeable delay on the
cursor movement is found. Fast movements are ignored.

> = Kernel =
Auto suspend doesn't work. I recall it's disabled for all B4 since some time
ago. However, suspend does work pretty well on F11 builds. The only
one should be turned off for B4 is DPMS off. (already disabled)

> = Wireless: Associating to Access Points and debugging =

> Fixed a bug where NetworkManager would -- in a % of connections -- not
> realise that the process had succeeded. Side by side, 802B1 should
The latest stable build sometimes failed to connect to an AP. I'm using
WPA-TKIP.

> = Startup / shutdown =
When startup, mic remains on once driver loaded until HAL daemon starts.
This is the same as last stable build. Shutdown is about the same as
previous stable builds.

> = Talk to the XS =
Sorry no XS around.

> = OS version =

> The Sugar Control Panel should report the right version in 'About my
> XO'. And the 'Update' control panel must check for new activities by
> hitting a url ending in /8.2.2 (you might need a packet capture for
> that, or point it to a server you manage, just to see the 404s...).

Recode and measure activities works fine out of the box.

--
Best regards,
Yuan Chao