1.5 - gnome-packagekit?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Dec 8 04:52:31 EST 2009

2009/12/8 Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org>:
> -Should we include gnome-packagekit to provide such functionality?
> -Or would including it increase the complexities of managing
> deployments?

One disadvantage of doing this is that it would harm the use of
olpc-update -- pristine updates would fail. And also the software
would be silently lost when an olpc-update happens, which is now
something we're automating in various places. I think it shouldn't be
included in the build although it can remain an option for deployments
to add it.

Daniel