XO 1.5 - CONTENTION WINDOW

Franco Miceli fmiceli at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Wed Dec 2 06:33:19 EST 2009

What I was expecting was to have CWmax closer to 1024.

What I think happens when you set CWmax to 31 is that -as you have more and
more machines trying to compete for the medium- you could be having more
colisions -since they would wait less time slots to tx and collisions would
be more likely to happen.

When you set CWmax to a higher value you prevent this situation. Of course
this is for a higher number of machines using the medium.

Maybe I'm wrong but this might be optimized for a certain number of
machines. If so, could you tell me for what number? (not exactly just an
estimate).

Thanks Martin.

Franco