New F11 for XO-1.5 build 49

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:53:24 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Christoph Derndorfer <
christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Christoph Derndorfer <
> christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> To see if it is progressing, issue this command at a root shell prompt
>>> while the olpc-update is running ...
>>>
>>>        tcpdump -i eth0 -n port 873
>>>
>>> ... you should see traffic, in the form of lines of output.
>>

>> Thanks for the advice, will keep that in mind. Though now, after almost
>> 45min or so, the update finally did come through. :-|
>>

>>>  > What also seems odd is that even though Sugar's battery monitor still
>>>
>>> Yes, known as #9765.
>>

>> Ah, yes, that sounds about right. Sorry, should have checked Trac before
>> posting...
>>
>> * Pretty boot now extends until Sugar has come up (#9772) => Great, looks
>> quite a bit nicer now!
>> * B2s should now stay asleep on power button press (#9762) => Yes, suspend
>> and resume by pressing the power button seems to work well.
>> * Distance activity should be fixed, need testing (#9552) => I only have
>> one XO-1.5 machine so I tried testing it in combination with an XO-1 running
>> F11-for-XO-1. Sharing and connecting Distance-17 worked fine however once I
>> press "begin measuring distance" on both of them I'm left looking at the
>> "Recording sound from each laptop" message on both machines and the XO-1.5's
>> mic LED being turned on for at least 10 or 15 seconds. But there's no sound
>> being played on the XO-1 (audio playback in TamTam works on both machines).
>>

> One more issue that I just stumbled across (and which I haven't found on
> Trac so far) is that toggling the favorite option in the Journal only seems
> to work in the detail view but not on the main list view.

Mmm, and after about 10min of use now I'm seeing a really weird issue where
the detail view of the Journal entry is simply one big gray canvas with only
the toolbar icons and the back button being available. Additionally on the
main list view I can't get any popup menus (to copy/send Journal entries,
etc.) anymore. FWIW datastore.log is filled with entries looking like this
one:

1259718621.729821 WARNING root: Unknown term(s):
dbus.Dictionary({dbus.String(u'limit'): dbus.Int32(5, variant_level=1),
dbus.String(u'order_by'): dbus.Array([dbus.String(u'-mtime')],
signature=dbus.Signature('s'), variant_level=1)},
signature=dbus.Signature('sv'))

Good night,
Christoph
--