SarynPaint: a Java program packaged for the OLPC

Ben Wiley Sittler bsittler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:24:22 EDT 2009

I think, then, that I would rather just ship it as an activity bundle
for "Sugar+Java or Sugar+OpenJDK", since the versioning issues (which
OpenJDK version should I use, exactly?), licensing issues (GPLv2 &
GPLv2+classpath-exception for OpenJDK vs. GPLv3 for SarynPaint,)
packaging unknowns (how does one run OpenJDK from a subdirectory,
exactly?), and bloat make bundling a JRE inside the .xo ridiculously
impractical. I'm halfway tempted to try to subset OpenJDK for this (to
reduce bloat), but that seems like an even bigger nightmare.