Problems compiling bluetooth module

Emiliano Pastorino epastorino at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Fri Aug 28 10:29:19 EDT 2009

Hi everyone!

I have a USB Bluetooth adapter and I need to make it work on an XO.
Don't want to recompile the whole kernel but to compile only the kernel
module.

I've never done this, so maybe I'm missing something...
The module I'm trying to compile is "btusb" (I hope this is the one I need).
I'm using kernel 2.6.25-20090223.1.olpc.69098d87d56945c, so I got
the corresponding src.rpm from http://dev.laptop.org/~dilinger/testing/ .
I've also installed kernel-devel, kernel-headers, gcc, glibc, glibc-devel,
glibc-headers and make in my XO (maybe I forgot others).

I moved to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/linux-2.6.25/drivers/bluetooth
and edited Makefile so it looks like this:

obj-m := btusb.o

KDIR := /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
PWD := $(shell pwd)

default:
        $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD) modules

Then I ran make but I get 5 warnings about functions which aren't
defined: hci_recv_fragment, hci_register_dev, hci_alloc_dev,
hci_free_dev and hci_unregister_dev. Those functions are defined
in /usr/src/kernels/2.6.25......../include/net/bluetooth/hci_core.h

I've successfully compiled the module in my desktop PC, but it
won't compile in my XO. Actually, it does compile, but when I
run "insmod btusb.ko" it gives an error about the above symbols
being undefined.

Any tips? Am I missing something like defining a path?

Thanks!
Emiliano