[Sugar-devel] erasing the journal and config

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Aug 27 11:17:02 EDT 2009

2009/8/27 Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu>:
> I posed this question on OLPC Support Gang earlier and got responses
> that its not possible to do so under bitfrost and rainbow.
>
> ===================
> "Hello everybody,
>
> We have a lending library at SFSU, ready to go, but we need to have a
> way to erase the config and journal every time the XO comes back from
> a borrower. The SFSU library staff have made it very clear that they
> don't want the process to be "open the terminal and run a script". An
> activity (say, Erase) would be quite desirable.

In my opinion, this is silly. Teach them how to run a script, teach
them how to reflash or tell them to stop being difficult.

As for the borrowers end - this is sillier. What are you expecting the
borrowers to actually do with their XOs? It's for generating
contributions to the community, right?

Daniel