initrd build from lenny -

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 05:52:10 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Martin
Langhoff<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a tested initrd built with the steps in the updated
> Building_initramfsen page
>
>   http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/olpcrd.img-001
>
> My next problem is that epm doesn't work. Looks like it's been broken
> for a while.

OK, epm has been tamed -- it just fails with no helpful msg when
rpmbuild isn't installed -- ain't that cute? -- and updated wiki
instructions so that everyone gets their rpm installed.

So now we have a new inn-it-ramm-eff-ess, nicely packaged at

  http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/public_rpms/8.2/

ChangeLog says
olpcrd-0.52-0.i386.rpmolpcrd-0.52-0.i386.rpm

  * Release 0.52 with rootskel git 87d249cc1bc417d7acbb61fa7049d71e02924c9a

    - IBSS patches from dsd
    - runinit.pyx from dsd
    - RTC Clocksetting
    - Re-check existing lease during activation
      (helps where OFW does not support
      delegated leases)
    - Support for reading large
      lease.sig files

  * udebs: add our custom busybox udeb
  * Reproduceability: Built on lenny, with udebs from lenny

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions