erasing the journal and config

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Thu Aug 27 04:29:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 01:25:09PM -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:

> rm  /home/olpc/.sugar/default/config
> rm -rf /home/olpc/.sugar/default/datastore
This isn't enough to clean all private data on the laptop. You need to
at least clean the activity data directories (~/.sugar/<bundle_id>).
Best to remove all of ~/.sugar and ~/Activities. If the terminal
activity has been used, the user might also have created files somewhere
else in the home directory.

> This makes me *very* curious. Shouldn't there be a way to erase the
> configuration and journal without having to reflash the whole image?
Depending on how OFW handles blocks that already contain the desired
content (skip or overwrite) it might actually be the best (including
easiest) solution to your problem. It gets the laptop back to exactly
the expected condition, no potential for accidental or malicious
deviations.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/