Any success with the synaptics driver?

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Aug 20 08:10:09 EDT 2009

daniel wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Has anyone ever got the "synaptics" driver (xorg-x11-drv-synaptics)
 > working on the XOs with the new touchpad?
 >

 > I just tried it and was surprised to find out that it doesn't work:
 >
 > (EE) PS/2 Synaptics TouchPad no synaptics touchpad detected and no
 > repeater device
 > (EE) PS/2 Synaptics TouchPad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware.

i believe we're not enabling the synaptics-specific portion of
the psmouse driver in the kernel.  as i recall the problem was
that if we enabled the kernel driver, then in order to control it
properly, and make the mouse behavior manageable, we needed the
X11 driver, which we didn't have.

we can try this again, however, now that all the cards are up in the air.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org