SoaS3-20090818 does not successfully launch Sugar on XO-1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Aug 19 01:41:48 EDT 2009

Booted SoaS3-200908182110.iso (from USB stick) on my XO-1.
The screen kept switching between white and back as the system
repeatedly tried to launch an X session for Sugar - but failed.

I manually started a Sugar session from the text console.  The
screen got as far as showing Home View (no update notification) --
but as soon as I clicked on the List icon (the Ring does not include
Terminal by default), the Sugar session vanished.

mikus