New F11 for the XO-1 build 5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Aug 14 08:54:16 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 08:31:15AM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> (it actually seems that the kernel might be treating the
> daylight savings time field from the RTC a little too casually.)

chuckle.  yes, it seems likely that setting everything to zero would be
seen to be the right thing to do ... but struct tm is old, very old,
long before the idea of zero being safe.

i'm very much aware of tm_isdst because of my previous support job, and
living in a country with state based summer time that changes almost
every year.  or more often.  seriously.

it's very tempting to push for solar time.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/