yum with recent soas builds on XO-1

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Aug 14 07:37:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 07:30:19AM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Martin Dengler<martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> > This thread segment is about SoaS now (a bit OT for devel@, I agree),
> > which is not doing anything like the initrd /versions hardlinking.
>
> I am aware :-)

Ah ok - I thought you were implying that our answers/discussion were
incorrect in some way.

> Read it as: the liveusb/livecd fedora thing uses the same 'stateless
> fedora' technique, and I mention olpc-update because it *is* a useful
> thing Sugar might want to use.

I read "Sugar" as "Sugar distribution".  Gotcha.

> It is useful but controversial, and so on, and so forth.

It does have a lot of good features.  I'll leave it to the distro
creators to sort it out; if I have time to include it in my SoaS and
the required server-side infrastructure is available, I will include
it (based on the current alternatives).